Monday, September 26, 2011

TOMIC #17 - Get Inspired

Happy Monday to you all! 
Are you ready for some luxury and elegance? The new challenge at TOMIC this week is just perfect if you are. Not only do we have the most fantastic sketch by Tina to play wtih, there is also the theme of Gustavian Style with a stunning inspiration photo to get your creative juices flowing. 


For my card, I took inspiration from the lovely gold furniture and the cute kitty :) I guess it is kind of obvious, but the fabulous Vintage Chair from the You are so Special Collection was the perfect choice for this challenge.  If you are curious about Gustavian Style, you can read about it HERE. There are lots of fabulous hints.
  

I've used Magnolia papers for my and some Prima lace (the darker cream lace) and a mix of flowers from Magnolia, Petaloo and WOC.  The Vintage chair was inked in Versamark and embossed with gold EP. Tilda and her kitty are both coloured quite pale in Copics.


I hope you have a chance to play along with this challenge this week. It was heaps of fun, I just loved the inspiration pic and reading about the style inspired by King Gustav III.


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today. I will be back with something else to share with you tomorrow.
Have a great day!
Hugs x

9 comments:

Lenie Hempen said...

Hoi Kylie

Wat een pracht van een kaart.
Echt schitterend mooi.


Gr Leny Hempen

Louise said...

Hi sweetie!
This is sooooooo pretty and elegant and very, VERY lush! Love it to bits, Tilda looks stunning on the sofa there and the cat is adorable too. Love the papers and the lovely lace as well :)

Hugs

Louise said...

Hi sweetie!
This is sooooooo pretty and elegant and very, VERY lush! Love it to bits, Tilda looks stunning on the sofa there and the cat is adorable too. Love the papers and the lovely lace as well :)

Hugs

Cordine said...

Wow, this is stunning!
Hugs
Cordine

Henny said...

What a beauty Kylie.All fits together. Super!

Greetings Henny.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Kylie!
your little scene is so adorable. I love how the kitty is leaning on Tilda. So cute. I love your layout and embellies. The flowers look gorgeous. Coloring is great.
hugs Maz

Franz♥ said...

Really adorable Kylie, the scene matches perfectly with inspirational photo!

Hugs, Francesca.

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

You make stunning cards! I love them all. Each one is so pretty. Thanks for sharing
hugs Julie

Anne Lise said...

I just LOVE this card :)