Monday, December 20, 2010

Silent Night

Ohh - its the weekend! Yay! I hope you have something fun planned... we're putting our Christmas tree up later today. We usually try to follow a bit of a tradition, we put on the Bridget Jones movie (lol, yeah, I know, daggy huh?) and spend the afternoon decorating the tree. It is usually a bit of a laugh as our tree is 7 feet tall.. and well, I am not! hahaha. Nowhere near it! So I am assigned the lower half of the tree. My boys have discovered the joys of unwrapping presents - it is soooo cute! So there will be none under our tree until some time very late on Christmas Eve!

Anyway, onto my card!  I have been waiting for my Tilda with Violin stamp to arrive...and she did yesterday! I actually bought the stamp because I remember my mum loving it when she saw it a few months back on another blog when they were released to some stores early. So Mum - this is your Christmas card, lol.

I inked her up asap and made into a card as quick as I could. I actually stamped her in Memento Rich Cocoa for a change to give her a bit more of a vintage look. I think she turned out ok?  I then masked her and stamped the Silent Night background in versa mark and heat embossed that with gold powder. Heat embossing isn't something I do too often... I usually botch it up! But I managed to do ok this time....it went so well I decided to emboss the edges of my bottom layer of dp as well, hahaha. that didnt go so well, so the messy bits are covered in other layers.



I added crystal effect to Tilda's violin - so shiny! And stickles Diamond to her wings and dress. I'm not sure how well it shows in the photo, but the ribbon has gold flecks on it and the swirls are gold cardstock. I actually really love the card...so maybe I won't give it away...we'll see :)



And side on you can see the gorgeous gold ! So pretty for Christmas!

No comments: