Monday, December 20, 2010

Yummy Apple Cake!

Happy weekend everyone!

Today I have a cute card to show you that I made for my MIL's birthday. I have so many cards laying around my house, I really could have given her one of those, but well, I just can't help myself. Any excuse to make a new one really.

When I started the card, I had all intentions of entering it into the All That Scraps Third Magnolia challenge... which is Fall with a Fold... but as the idea developed, it became less of a "fall" card and more of a birthday card, so Pam, I'm sorry! I think my papers and the first image are still very fall themed, but the rest of the card... I'll leave that up to you to decide :)

I've made an "accordian card" so when the raffia is untied, it opens out to reveal more images. There is a great tutorial HERE if you want to give it a go yourself.

So my card tells a little story... Tilda went and picked her apples... then she did some baking but made a big mess... and the end result is a yummy apple cake and a nice cuppa. I know the images are out of order, lol, but they worked better on the card that way.

Magnolia-licious Highlites is also having a fun blog hop called "Whats cookin". The DT have created some fun projects and now the rest of us can play along and make a project with a recipe or food element... so this is my entry over there too!

No comments: